BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Surprises

Well it has been over a month since my last entry. I really haven't been able to find much time to write. Life does that to us I guess, makes us all busy and wrapped up in things to do. When I reread my last entry I realized how much things have changed since then... and also how depressing that entry was. Looking back I see how foolish feeling that way was. Time seems to do that: it makes the past clearer, like looking at all fine the details under a microscope, and you can see the things that you hadn't been able to see in the moment itself. Sometimes you are even enlightened enough to see people the way they really are... instead of the picture you painted of them in your mind.

So many things have happened within the last month. Winter Track started up and I'm now a captain =]. Also Thanksgiving was nice... along with the annual day-after-thanksgiving bronx zoo trip. I have been going out with friends and having a great time. I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy.

It's amazing how situations can change in the blink of an eye. How things can look up for you when you feel somewhat lost and unsure. Sometimes life has you wrapped around it's finger and in the midst of all the routines and busy-ness you can find something great. It always seems that when you are least expecting to find happiness, when you get absorbed in work, it seems to just find you instead. The right people seem to find you... and maybe that is how it should be. It's like getting poked by the needle in the haystack that you were trying to find for months. Well, that was a terrible analogy... but it's an unexpected surprise. And lately I have been very pleasantly surprised =]

0 comments: